Special Event Street Closure

The City of Kerman encourages participation in Neighborhood Block Parties. It is our hope that citizens who participate in this program will develop better feelings of neighborhood unity along with an increased sense of community pride. Block parties should be held on private property whenever possible. If the party cannot be adequately handled on private property, the City will consider the temporary closing of public streets for a block party event.

The temporary street closure permits will NOT be issued under most of the following circumstances, 

  • Major streets
  • Streets that are used as bus routes
  • Any street that is not entirely within the City limits
  • Streets that provide major access for a subdivision, church, public park, fire station, community center, or a business that is in operation during the hours of the block party

The application for the temporary street closure permit can be accessed by clicking here or can also be requested from the Public Works Department located at 15201 W California Ave, Kerman. 

Please note: Petition signatures will be required to close off the block. In order for a Temporary Street Closure Permit to be considered, the petition must be filed with the City of Kerman, Public Works Department. To schedule an appointment for the permit, please contact Denise Isaak or Destiny Garcia at 559-846-9343