Public Works Projects
The Public Works Department conducts an ongoing program of replacing damaged sidewalks, curbs, and gutters; performs patching and crack-sealing on City streets, trims trees, maintains the City parks, sewer collection and treatment system, water storage and distribution system, storm drain system, City fleet and equipment, and performs the on-going maintenance on the City facilities inclusive of the emergency standby power systems.
The Public Works Department also works with State and Federal Agencies to maintain permits and meet the mandated guidelines. The City appreciates your patience and understanding for any inconveniences these projects may cause.
- Groundwater Well Number 18 - Groundwater Well Number 18 is located on the northwest side west of Round Table Pizza. The pilot hole drilling is completed.
- City Medians - Replace turf in the medians throughout the City with drought-tolerant landscaping. This will be an ongoing project until all medians have been converted.
- Hydrant meters are considered to be of a temporary nature and are installed for construction purposes.
- Requests for a temporary hydrant meter must be associated with some type of construction project and may only be used for projects located within City limits.
- Anyone who uses the City's water without first obtaining a rental hydrant meter will be held accountable and a fine will be imposed.