The City of Kerman offers non-competitive instructional leagues that teach the basic fundamentals. Youth sports programs aide in the development of children's abilities by teaching them skills, strategies and the value of good sportsmanship.
Support good sportsmanship by signing the Parent/Spectator Code of Conduct Form and return it with your child's registration form.
Start Smart Programs
Start Smart is a nationally recognized program that was created by the National Alliance for Youth Sports. This program helps preschool aged kids get ready for sports in an innovative step-by-step approach that builds confidence and self-esteem in a fun and safe sports environment.
Start Smart Basketball is for boys and girls ages 3 to 4 years old. This program focuses on teaching children and parents skills in dribbling, ball handling, passing, catching, shooting and running agility. Parents work one on one with child while being led by a Recreation Sport Leader.
- League Schedule:
- Tuesday OR Thursday
- January 9 through February 15, 2024
- Last day to register is Friday, December 15, 2023
Start Smart Baseball is a developmentally appropriate introductory baseball program for children 3 to 5 years old. The program prepares children for organized tee ball, baseball and softball in a fun non-threatening environment.
- League Schedule:
- March 16 through April 20, 2024
- Last day to register is Friday, March 1, 2024
Youth tennis is for boys and girls ages 5 to 12 years old. Learn how to play tennis with the United States Tennis Association H.I.T.S. Program. Youth will learn movement and tracking, ball striking, forehand and backhand, rally development and more.
- September 23 to October 28, 2023
- 9:00 a.m.: 5 and 6 year olds
- 10:00 a.m.: 7 and 8 year olds
- 11:00 a.m.: 10 to 12 year olds
- $50 per participant (includes t-shirt)
- Last Day to register is Friday, September 8, 2023
Youth volleyball is an instructional and spirited 6 week program for boys and girls ages 7 to 12 years old.
- June 18 through July 25, 2024
- Tuesday and Thursday
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Cost $55 per player (t-shirt and knee pads included). Last Day to register is Friday, June 7, 2024.
Community Sports leagues & ORganizations
These programs are run through various local community leagues in Kerman. While many of these programs are offered in the City's parks, the City of Kerman Parks and Recreation Department does not facilitate these programs.
- Kerman Girls Softball League - A competitive softball program for girls ages 4 to 15 years old. Program operates April through July. For more information visit the Kerman Girls Softball League Facebook page.
- Kerman Swim Club-Kerman Kickers - A competitive swimming program for children 4 to 18 years of age. Program operates April through August. For more information email Kerman Swim Club-Kerman Kickers.
- Kerman Cal Ripken Baseball - A competitive baseball program for youth 4 to 15 years of age. Program operates April through July. For more information email Kerman Cal Ripken Baseball League.
- Kerman Youth Football - A competitive football program for boys 9 to 14 years of age. Program operates through August through November. For more information, contact Efrain Guizar at 559-351-2058.
- Kerman Youth Soccer League - A recreational and competitive soccer program for all youth ages 4 to 19 years of age. Program operates August through December. For more information visit Revolution-Soccer Facebook page.