The City of Kerman has selected Vulcan Construction and Maintenance, Inc. to:
- Install over 1,200 water meters throughout the City
- Remove and replace water meter boxes, as needed, to bring to City Standard
The improved and more efficient meter reading technologies can help municipalities conserve water, improve customer service and reliability, maximize capital budgets, protect property and reduce operating costs.
Meter Installation Procedure:
- The contractor, Vulcan Construction and Maintenance, Inc., will be operating in the City between the hours of 7:00 am to 7:00 pm, Monday through Friday, but water service will not be impacted before 8:00 am or after 4:30 pm
- Door hangers will be distributed before the contractor arrives at any address
- Please clear the area around the water valve before contractors are scheduled to arrive
- Residents are not required to be present during the meter installation
- If your water valve is inside your fence line, the contractor will need to have access to your back yard for the installation of the meter.
- If your water valve is in the alley, the contractor accompanied by city personnel may need to access the water faucet in your back yard to flush the air from the lines after meter installation. Once you receive the notice that your meter is being installed, please make sure any pets are secured and the installers can access your faucet.
- If your valve is not accessible or if you have special needs, please contact the City of Kerman at 559-846-9343 Opt. 1.
- All water meters are scheduled to be installed by July, 2017.
Please call the City of Kerman, Public Works Dept. at (559) 846-9343 Opt. 1 or (559) 846-9372 with any questions or feedback.
What is AMR?
Automated Meter Reading (AMR), allows water utilities to gather utility usage data from its customers, both residential and commercial, without manually reading meters. The utility improves services and saves money by minimizing the costs associated with reading individual residential and commercial meters while allowing time to do other required maintenance activities. In addition, Automated Meter Reading/Advanced Metering Infrastructure improves data accuracy and helps identify irregularities.
Why is the water meter being installed?
Assembly Bill 2572 states that the City has until Jan. 1, 2025 to install meters in homes that were built prior to 1992. We have obtained grant funding to install meters in a portion of the unmetered homes, and the city will purchase the remaining meters to complete the residential meter installation to meet the requirements of AB 2572. Upon completion of this project, all Kerman water customers will be metered, allows water utilities to gather utility usage data from its customers, both residential and commercial, without manually reading meters. The utility improves services and saves money by minimizing the costs associated with reading individual residential and commercial meters while allowing time to do other required maintenance activities. In addition, Automated Meter Reading/Advanced Metering Infrastructure improves data accuracy and helps identify irregularities.
How many meters will be installed?
The City is installing over 1,200 additional meters within the City of Kerman.
Will the electronic device on the meter interfere with other electronic equipment?
No. The radio transmission operates in compliance with FCC regulations to avoid interference with other electronic devices
Do I have to be home for the meter installation work?
No. Since the water meters are located outside of the home you will not need to be home for the installation work.
What happens if I have a problem after the installation?
If you have a leak, low pressure or some other problem after the installation, or at any other time, you will be provided contact numbers that you can call to report your concern. Because your water will be turned off temporarily during the meter installation process, you may experience a brief period of air in the line. In most cases, briefly running your cold water will clear this situation.
Will my water bill go up
Possibly. Instead of being billed on a flat rate, your invoice will now be calculated by combining the base rate for the size of the meter installed and a usage charge based on the amount of water that was used. All new meters are tested prior to delivery by the manufacturer to ensure that they register properly. You will be able to see your monthly water usage on your invoice after the new meter has been installed. This will allow you to see how much water is being used each month and will allow you to track your conservation efforts.
Can I cover up the meter after the installation?
No. Access needs to be available at all times. There may be times when meter technicians will access the meter box to perform routine maintenance or verify high readings. Obstructions to the meter box are subject to removal by City personnel.
What if there is something blocking or in front of the meter?
Please keep access to the water meter available at all times to ensure it is accessible for any potential emergency that would require the meter to be turned off.
Can I read the meter?
Yes. You can open the meter box to observe the meter activity and visually read the encoder dial. This will allow you to calculate how much water is being used in your home.
How will I know that you have my reading and not someone else's?
Each radio frequency device has a unique identification number which is transmitted along with the meter reading. The unique number is compared to your account record to ensure a match
Does this mean no more meter readers?
No. The City of Kerman currently uses Water Operators and Water Maintenance Workers to read meters. These workers will now be able to focus on water operations, routine services, maintenance or repairs. They will also continue to respond to water emergencies.
When will our meter be installed?
The contractor has broken the City into four sections; A, B, C and D. The Project Map below shows where the sections are, and the Section A Route Map shows the planned order of installation.
There may be some changes to the installation route due to unforeseen circumstances, but the residents will be advised with door hangers