Finance Department

The Finance Department provides various accounting and business services. They include the City’s fiscal accounting, financial reporting, utility billing, payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, technology and are the primary contact to all new and existing residents.

Finance plays an active role in the leadership of the Central San Joaquin Valley Risk Management Authority, which is a joint powers authority made up of fifty-four member cities and is designed to reduce the cities’ exposures to losses.

The primary public services available through the Finance Department are:

• Setup/Termination of Utility Accounts                 • Issue Monthly Utility Billings

• Assist Citizens with Customer Service Needs    • Receive Utility Payments

• Issue Dog Licensing                                           • Issue Yard Sale Permits

• Issue Car Wash/Charitable Event Permits         • Issue Bingo Permits

Utility Billing

Invoices for utility services are mailed on the first business day of the month and due at the end of the month. A late fee of 10% will be applied if payment is not received by the end of the month. Past due payments are due by the 10th of the following month. A shut off notice will be mailed to notify residents when past due balances are due and if the past due balance is not paid by the date on the card, a $15.00 shut off fee will be added to the bill and water services will be disconnected. In order to restore services, the full past due balance and the $15.00 shut off fee must be paid in order to have services restored.


Payments can be mailed or dropped off at City Hall (850 S. Madera Ave., Kerman, CA 93630). Automatic withdrawal services are free of charge, contact City Hall for additional details.  Payments can be made anytime by utilizing one of the drop boxes available at the front and back entrances to City Hall. Payments can also be made online, but there is a 5% fee to use this service.

Authorization for Direct Withdrawal (English)
Authorización de Pago Automático de Factura (Espaňol)


A deposit of $150.00 is required for all renters, no deposit is required for property owners.

Request Services

To request water, sewer or trash services or to discontinue these services, customers need to come into City Hall at 850 S. Madera Avenue during regular business hours (8:00 am – 5:00 pm on weekdays other than holidays) or call (559) 846-9384.

pplication for Utility Services
Applicación Para Servicios Utilidades (Espaňol)
Utility Service Termination Form

Refuse Collection and Recycling

The City of Kerman contracts with Mid Valley Disposal for refuse collection and recycling services. Containers are provided by the City on newly constructed homes and Mid Valley replaces containers for existing service customers. Contact Mid Valley Disposal at (559) 843-2467 with questions regarding the use of containers, if carts are broken and or if there was a problem with your regular pick up.

Complete the Application for Utility Services and deliver to Kerman City Hall, 850 S. Madera Avenue, Kerman, CA.

All residential carts (Refuse, Recycling and Greenwaste) are serviced on the following days:

Tuesday – Streets located east of Madera Ave., south of Kearney Blvd.
South of “E” St., east of Vineland Ave.
Wednesday – Streets located east of Madera Ave., north of Kearney Blvd.
North of “E” St., east of Vineland Ave.
Thursday – Streets located west of Madera Ave., north of Kearney Blvd.
Friday – Streets located west of Madera Ave., south of Kearney Blvd.
Commercial pick up schedules vary depending on services provided.

Contact Information
Main Office: (559) 846-9384
Fax: (559)-846-6199

Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Physical Location
Kerman City Hall
850 S. Madera Avenue
Kerman, CA 93630


Carolina Camacho
Senior Accountant
(559) 846-9389

Josefina Alvarez
Junior Accountant
(559) 846-4682

Josie Camacho
Account Clerk 
(559) 846-9385

Jackie Lopez
Account Clerk
(559) 846-9384

Gabriela Mendoza
Account Receptionist
(559) 846-9384