The Kerman Public Works Department conducts an on-going program of replacing damaged sidewalks, curbs and gutters; performs patching and crack-sealing on the city streets; trims trees; maintains the City Parks, sewer collection and treatment system, water storage and distribution system, storm drain system, City Fleet and Equipment, and performs the on-going maintenance on the City Facilities inclusive of the emergency standby power systems.
The Public Works Department also works with State and Federal Agencies to maintain permits and meet the mandated guidelines.
Public Works Projects
- Well # 18 – Well #18 is located on the northwest portion of Kerman west of the Round Table Pizza Parlor. The pilot hole drilling is completed.
- Vineland Widening Project – This project is to widen each lane and include bike and parking lanes, curb, gutter and sidewalk.
- Water Meter Project – Project funded by a Proposition 84 Grant along with a 25% City of Kerman match to provide approximately 1,300 water meters to an older part of town that is not metered.
- City Medians – Replace turf in the medians throughout the city with drought tolerant landscaping. This will be an ongoing project until all of the medians have been converted
- Pedestrian safety around the schools concrete project locations as follows:
- Intersection of Siskiyou and E, adjacent to Liberty Elementary School
- First Street, south of G, adjacent to Kerman Middle School Intersection of F and 9th, adjacent to Kerman-Floyd Elementary School
- Intersection of F and Pacheco Drive, adjacent to Kerman-Floyd Elementary School
- California reconstruct Vineland to Goldenrod – Reconstruction of California Avenue from Vineland to Goldenrod and May Avenue from Vineland to California. Will also include the addition of paved shoulders, minor storm drain improvements, minor concrete improvements, and replacement of the existing pavement at the SJVR crossing on California between Vineland and Goldenrod.
- Bike and pedestrian walkway from Park to Siskiyou (UPPR Pedestrian & Bicycle Trail, Federal Project) – 10 Foot Wide Trail along the north side of the UPRR from Siskiyou to the Park Ave alignment, then to the north intersection of Park Ave and California Ave.Three Segments in the project:
1 – Meandering asphalt concrete trail with landscaping (trees) from Siskiyou to Park alignment
2- Asphalt concrete trail with no landscaping from the end of segment 1 to the intersection of Park and Dylan
3 – 10 Foot Wide concrete sidewalk along the west side of Park Ave to California Ave
- Vineland and Whitesbridge traffic signal installation. Project to include:
- Construction of Storm Drain Facilities for improved drainage on the north side of intersection
- Repaving and shoulder widening on Vineland Ave north of the intersection
- Concrete curb ramps at each corner where the currently do not exist
The City appreciates your patience and understanding.
Bids Request – Click Here
Phone: (559) 846-9343
Fax: (559) 846-7488
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
7:00 am to 4:00 pm
(Closed between 12:00 to 1pm)
15201 W. California Avenue
Kerman, CA 93630
Public Works Director
(559) 846-9343 ~ Option 1
PW Maintenance & Operations Coordinator
Water Conservation Specialist