The Armed Forces Honor Banner Program was created for the community, to recognize and honor individuals on active duty in the military by displaying the honoree’s photo, name and armed service branch on a banner to be flown from light standards throughout the City.
Banners will be displayed on existing light standards located at along Madera Avenue, and possibility Whitesbridge Ave and Plaza Veterans Park, if needed. The banners will remain on display as long as the service member is on active duty.
The plan will be to initially start with active service personnel, and then later phase in banners of veteran military service members to honor living, retired, and deceased service personnel. Plaza Veterans Park would be reserved for these individuals.
To qualify for the Kerman Armed Forces Honor Banner Program, the following qualifications much be met:
- Must be on active duty in one of the branches of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Must be a current or former resident of the City of Kerman or have an immediate family member residing or working in the City of Kerman (Spouse, Parent, Grandparent, brother, sister, son, daughter, Aunt, Uncle
- The cost of the banner is $150. Banners will be funded through private donations. Banners may be sponsored by an individual or organization.
- Submit a photo of the Service Member. Photo must be 5×7 or larger color professional portrait-style (Dress Uniform preferred).
- Banners will be flown from Memorial Day through Veteran’s Day
- Download an application and mail or drop application and payment off to:Follow our Facebook page for more information and updates
City of Kerman Attention: Arlene 850 S. Madera Avenue Kerman, CA 93630