Kerman Community Pool Located at Kerman High School 205 S. First Street
Beat the summer heat at the Kerman Community Pool! Facility amenities include a half size Olympic pool with diving blocks, high and low spring boards for diving and a wading pool for small children.
Swim Lesson Class Descriptions:
ME & MY SHADOW: To familiarize children from 1-3 years old to the water and teach swimming readiness skills.
POLYWOG: To familiarize children 4 and 5 years old to the aquatic environment and help them learn basic aquatic skills.
GUPPIES: For children 4-6 years old who are comfortable going under water. This class will build on and improve skills learned in the Polywog level.
MINNOWS: This class is taught in deeper water and is primarily for children 6 years and older to build on and improve skills learned in the Guppies level.
JELLYFISH: Students must have successfully completed the Minnows level. This class builds on stroke development skills.
SEALS: Students must have successfully completed the Jellyfish level. This course improves participants’ proficiency in performing swimming stokes.
One-on-One: Children who are at least 4 years old will receive one-on-one instruction. Skills taught are based on the students swimming ability.
PARENTS PLEASE NOTE: It is important that each student be placed in the correct class for their skill level. All students will be tested on the first day of class to make sure they are in the correct class. After swim test is complete, instructors may move the student to a lower or higher skill level class.
Swim Lesson Policies
- Classes and sessions are limited. Register for up to 2 sessions at a time on a first come, first serve basis.
- It is essential that each lesson is attended to receive the full benefit of the class. No make-up lessons or credits for missed classes are given.
- If a class or session is cancelled or postponed by the City of Kerman staff will make every effort to make-up during the week at an alternate time, parents will be notified.
- Students may only participate in class and time slot where they are registered.
- Transfers between classes will only be allowed if there is room in the class and approved by the Pool Manager on duty.
- WAITING LISTS: Once registration for a class has reached its limit, a waiting list will be established.
- REFUNDS: Refunds will not be allowed once the registered class has started, unless the class is cancelled by the City of Kerman.
Swim Class Schedule
|Private LessonsLimited Availability||Pollywog||Pollywog||Me & My Shadow||Pollywog|
Adult/Seniors Swim Program
Adult Lap Swim: June 2018
Pool Hours: Monday – Friday 6:00 pm-7:00 pm
Cost: $1.00 per day
Location: 205 South First Street
Senior Water Aerobics (55+): June 2018
Pool Hours: Tuesdays and Thursdays 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Location: Kearney Palms Apartments 14608 W. Kearney Blvd.
Like us on Facebook to stay informed!
- Do not enter the water unless a lifeguard is on duty.
- Listen to and obey all lifeguards.
- Pool staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- All children under the age of 12 must be supervised by a responsible person at least 14 years of age.
- Proper swim attire must be worn. Cut-offs and street clothing are not allowed in the pool.
- Swim diapers are required for children under 4 years of age.
- A shower is required of all swimmers prior to entering the pool.
- Persons having open blisters, cuts, etc., are advised not to use the pool.
- Zero tolerance for fighting, graffiti, and gang related paraphernalia.
- Horseplay is not allowed in the bathrooms, deck or pool (No running, pushing, shoving, dunking, chicken fights).
- No cuddling or caressing in facility.
- No foul language.
- No flotation devices, snorkels, or fins are allowed in the pool.
- No diving in small pool or shallow end of big pool.
- No alcohol, drugs, smoking, gum, or glass containers allowed in facility.
- All food must remain on grass area.
- One person on Diving Boards at a time.
- Only one bounce on the Diving Boards.
- Feet first entry into water off the high diving board.
- No back flips from high or low diving boards.
- No one is allowed on back wall near diving boards.
- Must swim to the left when jumping off of the low diving board.
- Must swim to the right when jumping off of the high diving board.
- Staff reserves the right to refuse admittance to, or eject from the pool premises, any persons failing to comply with pool, health, and safety rules.
Private Pool Rentals
The Kerman Community Pool is available Saturday and Sunday evenings and Sunday afternoon for private pool rentals. Pool rentals are scheduled for a minimum of 2 hours. The rental cost includes private use of the facility and lifeguards.
Pool Rental Reservations are accepted after May 1, 2018 at the Community/Teen Center only, 15101 W. Kearney Blvd. Dates and times are limited. Pool Rental Application
|Small Pool only: 1-25 people – $45/hour|
Pool Rental Rules:
- No Cooking in or around pool area.
- You may bring food into the pool area providing that it is already prepared.
- Please dispose of all trash in the appropriate areas.
- Parking allowed in parking lot only. No parking in fire lane.
- No smoking on school property.
- No glass of any kind.
- No alcohol of any kind.
- No gum or seeds of any kind.
- No whole watermelons.
- Food and beverage are limited to grass area only.
- No pool mats or flotation devices.
- All other applicable pool rules apply.
Main Office: (559) 846-9383
Fax: (559) 846-4802
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
15100 W. Kearney Plaza
Kerman, CA 93630