Police Header Word
2014 City Council

Cooling Center1City of Kerman cooling centers will open when the heat index is predicted to reach 105 degrees for more two or more days and overnight lows that do not fall below 80 degrees at the following locations:

Scout Hut: Monday – Frida, Noon – 9:00 pm; Kerckhoff Park (off 4th St.); Please call 846-4809 or 351-8234 to have facility opened.

Senior Center:  Monday – Friday, Noon – 4:00 pm 720 Eighth St.; 846-4809 or 351-8234

Kerman Library: 15081 W. Kearney Blvd. (559) 846-8804 . . . Continue reading→

HERO Logo_Tagline1_Size1Kerman City Council launched the HERO Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Program.

HERO is a financing program that allows for energy- and water-efficiency home improvements to be paid through the property tax bill, with owners repaying the assessment over five to 20 years with tax-deductible interest. Continue Reading 

DSCN1407The City of Kerman’s Westside Veterans Memorial Building Opening Day Ceremony was held on May 16.

This quest began in May of 2011 with a presentation to the City Council to locate suitable property to house a Kerman Area Veterans facility. A property was located and . . . Continue reading →

 Spring/Summer Watering Schedule

The City’s Spring/Summer watering schedule is in effect.

Below is the approved schedule:

Odd Numbered Houses - Tuesday & Saturday
Even Numbered Houses - Wednesday & Sunday

Watering is prohibited from 6:00 am to 8:00 am
and from Noon to 7:00 pm every day

  • City Receives Distinguished Budget Award


    The City of Kerman has been awarded the prestigious Government Finance Officers Association of the United States and Canada (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for its Fiscal Year 2014/15 Budget. The award represents a significant achievement by the City. It … Continue reading

  • Animal Services – Adopt-a-Pet


    Open your heart to fostering an animal. The Kerman Animal Services Adopt-a-Pet facilitates the fostering of animals. They also provide information and photos on lost pets.  The physical address of the Kerman Animal Shelter is 15485 W. Church Ave., Kerman, … Continue reading

Dev NewletterShotThis issue of the Planning and Development Newsletter contains information on new business that have opened in Kerman, future planned developments, new homes being built, an update on the solar project at Kerman’s Waste Water Treatment Plan and other City news and information. To read the full edition of the newsletter, click here.

Click here to read the City’s Mission and Vision Statements We hope you find this site to be a valuable resource that you will continue to use. If you have questions or comments feel free to send an email to the Webmaster

  • Summer Day Camp

    Summer Day Camp 2015 will run from Tuesday-Friday 10:00 am-2:00 pm  on June 16-19; June 23-26; June 30- July 2*; July 7-10; July 14-17 and July 21-24  for $1 a day per participant and will be held at Scout Hut, … Continue reading

  • Senior Table Mountain Casino Trip

    A senior Table Mountain Casino trip is available every Tuesday for a cost of only $5.00. The event is a partnership with AweSome Charter Tours and the City of Kerman.The bus will pick you up at 9:15 am at the McDonalds on … Continue reading

  • Zumba

    Expanded Zumba classes! Every Tuesday and Thursday from 7:00pm – 8:00pm and Every Monday and Wednesday from 9:00am – 10:30 am at the Community/Teen Center, cost is $5 a day or $40 for a 12 day punch card.    

View our event calendar

SAMSUNG CAMERA PICTURESThe City of Kerman operates the Kerman Transit bus, known as Dial-A-Ride, for residents within the city limits of Kerman and the Fresno County Rural Transit Agency (FCRTA) operates the Westside Transit with services to all of the westside cities. FCRTA is a Joint Powers Authority comprised of thirteen rural cities and the County to provide a coordinated transit system for rural Fresno County. Continue Reading→

2014 Annual Drinking Water Quality Report - We test the drinking water quality for many constituents as required by state and federal regulations.  This report shows the results of our monitoring for the period of Jan. 1 – Dec. 31, 2014.

The following list provides a description and contact information of emergency services available in Fresno County.

Catholic Charities Diocese of Fresno – (559) 237-0851 – Provides emergency food and clothing.

Central California Legal Services, Inc. – (559) 570-1200 – Assist the homeless with legal problems related to health, welfare, and public benefits.

El Puente – (559) 600-1647 – Provides a 32-unit housing facility (30 to 90 day stay) for families receiving Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC).

Evangel Home, Inc. – (559) 264-4714 – Provides temporary (28 days) emergency shelter to single women and women with children.

Fresno County Department of Behavioral Health – (559) 453-4099 – Provides permanent supportive housing for men and women; counseling, advocacy, street outreach, substance abuse treatment, life skills, mental health counseling and transportation.

Fresno County Economic Opportunities Commission (Fresno EOC) – (559) 498-8543 – Provides permanent supportive housing for men, women and families; transitional housing for transitional aged youth (18-24); Youth Shelter to at-risk, runaway, and homeless youths ages 11 to 17. All programs provide counseling, advocacy, street outreach, life skills and transportation.

Fresno County Office of Education – (559) 265-3000 – Provides services to homeless school age children. The goal is to provide access to educational opportunities.

Housing Authority of Fresno County – (559) 443-8431 – Provides permanent supportive housing to men, women, families, veterans and veteran families, persons with HIV/AIDS and their families; counseling, advocacy, life skills, street outreach and mental health counseling.

Fresno Rescue Mission – (559) 268-0939 – Provides temporary housing, food, and clothing to men, women, and children; residential substance abuse treatment program for men.

Holy Cross Center for Women – (559) 237-3379 – Provides day-care services to women with children, laundry services, rest, shower facilities, diapers, formula, clothing, counseling referrals, computers, English classes, heath training, and crafts.

Holy Cross Clinic at Poverello – (559) 442-4108 – Serving the homeless and uninsured by providing medical care and basic dental services.

Marjaree Mason Center – (559) 233-HELP (4357) – Provides safe house for victims of domestic violence including counseling, case management, advocacy and life skills.

Mental Health Systems Inc. – (559) 264-7521 – Provides permanent supportive housing for women and children; counseling, advocacy, substance abuse treatment, life skills and mental health counseling.

Poverello House – (559) 498-6988 – Provides meals, emergency clothing, showers, referrals, residential substance abuse treatment for men; temporary housing for men and women; advocacy, counseling, life skills, street outreach and transportation.

Naomi’s House – (559) 443-1531 – Provides temporary housing for women only, case management, life skills, street outreach, advocacy and transportation.

Salvation Army – (559) 233-0139 – Provides emergency food, some utility and rental assistance, substance abuse treatment for men and women.

Spirit of Woman – (559) 244-4353 – Provides residential substance abuse treatment for pregnant and parenting women, counseling, advocacy, life skills and mental health counseling.

Turning Point of Central California – (559) 233-2668 – Provides permanent supportive housing for men, women and families with counseling, advocacy, education, life skills, street outreach and mental health counseling.

VA Central California Health Care System – (559) 225-6100 – Provides services to veterans and their families, permanent supportive housing, counseling, advocacy, substance abuse treatment, health care, life skills, street outreach, mental health counseling and transportation.

Westcare – (559) 265-4800 – Provides permanent supportive housing for families, rapid rehousing for men, women and families; services to veterans and their families; counseling, advocacy, residential substance abuse treatment, life skills, street outreach, mental health counseling and transportation.


The Fresno County Multi-Jurisdictional
Housing Element Now Available for
Public Review and Comment!

The City of Kerman joined 11 other cities and the County of Fresno to develop a Multi-Jurisdictional Housing Element for the fifth round of element updates. The Fresno County Council of Governments (COG) is helping to coordinate the effort. The primary objective of the project is to prepare a regional plan for addressing housing needs through a single certified housing element for all 13 jurisdictions. The Fresno County Multi-Jurisdictional Housing Element represents an innovate approach to meeting State Housing Element law and coordinating resources to address the region’s housing needs.

The Housing Element can be found here. If you would like to submit comments on Chapter 1-5 or Appendix 2F of the Housing Element or if you have general questions please contact Olivia Pimentel 559-846-9386 or opimentel@cityofkerman.org.


Click Here to Sign up to Receive City of Kerman Information and Notices